Now a regular chef on ITV's Lorraine, Richard Phillips started early in the restaurant business; firstly with a stint at London's famous Savoy Hotel, before going on to work alongside the likes of the Roux Brothers at Le Gavroche and then becoming Head Chef for Marco Pierre White at The Criterion, Mirabelle and Les Saveurs. It's no wonder Richard Phillips had his own Michelin starred restaurant by the age of 29!
Richard had excellent grounding to prepare him for creating his own restaurant, having come from two years with the Schrager Hotel Group, putting together and directing teams in both the Sanderson Hotel and St Martin's Lane, the first hotels owned by this group outside United States.
Richard's first restaurant, Thackeray's in Tunbridge Wells, is well known as one of the best restaurants in Kent. In the ten years since it has been under Richard's auspices, Thackeray's has won numerous accolades including a Michelin star, three AA rosettes and 'Best Gourmet Restaurant' in the Kent Restaurant Awards in 2009.
After his runaway success with Thackeray's, Richard branched out in 2004, taking ownership of Hengist in Aylesford, near Maidstone, turning it into an elegant and intimate dining experience, itself now an award winning restaurant.
Not content with two critically acclaimed restaurant businesses, when the opportunity arose in 2008 to create another outstanding restaurant, this time alongside England's leading wine producer, Richard needed no convincing. Having recently been awarded two AA rosettes and Kent English Restaurant of the Year 2009, Richard Phillips at Chapel Down is fast becoming one of Kent's leading restaurant experiences.
At the same time as being at the helm of three thriving restaurants, Richard is now a recognised television personality, regularly appearing on popular shows including Ready Steady Cook, Saturday Kitchen and Daily Cooks Challenge. Most recently, Richard appeared as the guest chef on GMTV.
- ITV Lorraine, Guest Chef
- ITV GMTV Guest chef, August 2010
- BBC1 Cash in the Attic, Guest appearance, 2010
- BBC2 E'Numbers, Guest appearance, 2010
- BBC Ready Steady Cook regular appearances 2007-2009
- UKTV Food Market Kitchen, 2007-2009
- ITV Daily Cooks Challenge, various appearances, 2006 - 2010
- ITV Saturday Cooks, Various appearances 2007
- UKTV Food Food Uncut, various appearances, 2006
- UKTV Food Great Food Live, guest appearances, UKTV, 2004-2006
- SKY1 Taste, Guest appearances, SKY 1, 2005
- ITV1 Too Many Cooks, presenter chef, 25-part series, ITV, April 2005