Spring 2010 saw Philippa on our screens on BBC1 alongside her husband wildlife cameraman Charlie Hamilton James and their three boys in a wonderful four part series following the wildlife on and around the river that runs close to their home.
For four glorious weeks on Sunday evenings we were all transported into a magical world that Philippa and Charlie were able to share with us 'Halcyon River Diaries'. Filmed over a year we watched them experience life on the river following the same group of animals through the various seasons. Philippa and Charlie run their own production Company 'Halcyon Media' that specialises in Natural History programming. Previously best know as a TV and radio presenter this published author and travel writer now adds the title of Producer and script writer to her extensive portfolio.
What also may well not be so well known about this busy and versatile lady is that she has degrees in both English and a First Class Honours degree in Ecology and Conservation from Birkbeck College, London.
She has also presented many documentaries for the BBC's Natural History Unit. She is passionate about conservation and the ecology of our planet so it is hardly surprising that 2008 she was asked to present a weekly 'live' radio programme on behalf of the Natural History unit called 'World on the Move' which followed the world migrations of such animals Monarch and Painted Lady Butterflies, Grey and Humpback Whales, Ospreys, Toads, Top Geese, Grave yard Bats, Salmon, Eels and Jellyfish - etc.
This was at the time, the largest Natural History event commissioned on BBC Radio 4.
Excellent ‘Live' presenter with vast amount of experience. ‘Tomorrows World' ‘Robot Wars'. ‘Crufts' All tx. BBC. Keen gardener and cook, breeds Alpaca's!
Making, producing and presenting wildlife programming is her passion.
Phillippa is a natural public speaker and has developed an impressive list of Corporate clients. Facilitating Awards, Seminars Conferences etc.
Awards Ceremonies -
- Best Post Office Awards. 2005.
- CILIP Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals. 2004.
- Manufacturer of the Year Awards 2004 & 2005.
- UK Chemical Industries ‘Young Ambassador Awards. 2004.
- Chairman's Awards for BAE Innovations. 2004
- Financial Innovation Awards on behalf of The Institute of Financial Services. 2004
- Learner's First Awards. On behalf of National Contracts Services, Learning & Skills Council.
- Quest Media IT Awards. 2004.
- DTI ‘Renewable Energy Awards. 2004.
- Purina Pro Plan ‘Pup of the Year Awards. 2004
- London Borough of Bromley ‘Environmental Awards' 2004.
- Green Flag ‘Motoring Heroes' Awards. 2004.
- RTS Awards. Bristol 2004.
Conferences & Forums
- 02 Telecommunications Conference 2005.
- Presentations on behalf Hewlett Packard ‘Generation Nation Forums' 2005.
- Guilbert Office Depot Live Forum 2004.
- Lockhead Martin Distributions Systems Ltd. 2004.
- Intelligent Transport Systems Conf. 2004.
Speeches Launches & Presentations
- Speech at launch of York's Science Festival of Discovery 2004.
- Speech at Coventry & Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce ‘IT Launch'
- Speech at Vent Axia Product launch.
- Speech at the launch of ‘Adult Learning Week' on behalf of The Dept. of Education & Skills. 2004.
- To Launch ‘The North Yorkshire Enterprise week' Events. 2004.
- To facilitate the ‘Eureka Moment' interactive Touring exhibition launch 2004.
- A member of judging panel of The Rolls Royce ‘ young Scientist of the year awards' 2004 & 2005.
- On going Ambassador for Lloyds Pharmacy.
- Launch of National press ad. Campaign on behalf of ‘Screenblock' 2005.
On behalf of the HEACF Volunteering Awards Team, I would like to thank you for your involvement again with this year's Awards. The Ceremony was a resounding success, generating lots of positive feedback from both the guests and the Higher Education Funding Council for England. Your presence really enhanced the whole experience of the Awards for all involved and your fantastic rapport with the audience really set the tone for the day."
Hannah Jackson, HEACF Volunteering Awards Programme Manager, CRAC
Thank you on behalf of NIACE, for supporting Adult Learners Week 2010 and for sparing the time to host the National Awards Ceremony. Once again, you handled the event with great charm and finesse, making the day a very special one indeed for all the award winners. We've had some great feedback from the audience, many of whom have never experienced such an occasion or even been to London before. We hope that you enjoyed the event as much as we did and wish you the very best for your current projects.
Alan Tuckett. Chief Executive. National Institute of Adult Continuing Education
Thank you so much for taking the time to come to our On Vision, Health First conference. I thought the ad-lib went very well on stage and you could tell, I am sure, from both the audience reaction and the queues for your autograph that you are hugely popular with our pharmacists and teams. I am delighted at the way the advertising is developing, and I do believe that you are becoming synonymous with Lloyds Pharmacy as we build the brand and that your style and approach has a unique appeal for our customers. I am pleased you too enjoy working with us.
Justin Ash, Managing Director, Lloyds Pharmacy
"I think everyone thought Philippa was really good. She was really down to earth and everyone liked the fact that she related things to how she felt as a mother. She was very professional and I think she added to the evening. I was impressed by the way she added to her speech from the very basic layout we gave her."
CWDC Early Years Professional Celebration Ceremony, Childrens Workforce Development Council
Philippa was the star of the CIWM Awards for Environmental Excellence at the Dorchester on Wednesday this week. As the CIWM's Senior Vice President it was my particular pleasure to compere the event where Philippa made an absolutely stunning impression on those present.
Terry March, CIWM Senior Vice President