His presence is positive and his vibe is cool.
DJ Sammy is one of the most popular dance DJs/producers to come out of Spain in the last 10 years.
His worldwide success arrived in 2001 when DJ Sammy started putting his name to his work in Heaven. This track went on to sell 2 million records in Europe and Australia. It was a smash in the UK and went straight to number 1.
Sammy is a veteran of electronic dance with a degree in music technology and 20 years of hard work to prove it.
Sammy has spent years fine-tuning his music winning formula in the only way he knows how, by jet-setting around the globe and feeling the vibe at some of the most prestigious venues in the world dispensing musical epiphanies wherever he plays.
A native of Mallorca, Spain, he always knew how to harness the sun, beach and the sea in order to get the most out of his audiences and Sammy's evolving appreciation of the "feel good factor" has brought him commercial success globally.
His worldwide breakthrough was in 2001 when DJ Sammy begun to put his own name to his work. The single Heaven together with Do, a dutch singer, helped DJ Sammy achieve massive success in Europe and Australia with 2 million records sold, then came to the US where "Heaven" reached #2 in U.S. singles chart before going to the UK in 2002 and hitting #1.
- US BMI Pop Award 2004 for - "Heaven"
- #1 Hit - "Heaven" in UK
- #2 Hit - Boys of Summer in UK
- #2 Hit - "Heaven" in the US Single Billboard Charts
- Top10 (Album / Single) in 25 countries
- First ever sold out DJ concert in South Africa with over 15,000 visitors
- Best selling dance artist in South Africa ever with more than 100,000 CDs sold
- Australia (worldwide biggest Open Air Tour) together with Pink and Kelly Osbourne
- 3 Tours of The United States
- American Dance Star Award 2003 for Best International Artist (4th Nomination)
- International Dance Music Award 2003 in Miami