- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Oo-Bop Sh'bam are one of the most exciting and energetic 7 piece RnB, Boogie, Jump Blues Bands in Europe and have become club and Festival Favourites all around Europe playing at =
THE SILDA JAZZ FESTVAL, NORWAY (3 YEARS IN A ROW) / THE DERRY FESTIVAL NORTHERN IRELAND (3 YEARS IN A ROW) THE GUINNESS JAZZ FESTIVAL CORK, SOUTHERN IRELAND (2 YEARS IN A ROW) THE BUDE JAZZ FESTIVAL, UK / THE COGNAC BLUES FESTIVAL, FRANCE / THE GOODWOOD REVIVAL FESTIVAL, UK / To name just a few.
The band was formed in 2005 and so are celebrating our 11th year in 2016.
Featuring on Vocals, Jackson Sloan, The Best Blues Shouter Front Man in the business and one time lead vocalist with the legendary RENT PARTY the very successful Jump Jive band from the 80's who influenced many of the UK Jive Swing bands of the past 25 years.
And on Drums, Alan Savage, the renowned award winning UK Blues and Rock drummer, he has worked with FREDDIE MERCURY, JOE JACKSON, ALISON MOYET in the pop field and HUBERT SUMMLIN, PAUL LAMB and the KINGSNAKES and EUGENE "Hideaway" BRIDGES among others in the blues field.
On Tenor Sax's, Alby Green and John Willmott, the best Honking Squealing Horn Section around
On Piano, James Lunn, who is one of the finest Boogie Woogie players.
On Guitar, Mal Barclay, a great player with a great sound
On Bass, Pete Pritchard, one of the finest Double Bass Players about.
The Band all top professional musicians have worked with JOE JACKSON / ALISON MOYET / FREDDIE MERCURY / OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN / ERIC CLAPTON / ROBERT PLANT / SCOTTY MOORE / TONY BENNET / TOM JONES / and many others.
Back in May we described this band as ABSOLUTELY STONKING... and yes, they were. If you've not seen them yet well here's a bit of background.... Oo-Bop-Sh'Bam take their influences from the big band combos of the 1940′s and 50′s - think gin-drenched parties, smokey dives and city nightclubs, where swinging and singing ruled the day.
Pumping boogie-woogie maestro James Lunn on piano, Alan Savage laying down the big beat, Dave Lagando's pulsating double bass, the ace horns of Lee Badau on tenor sax and Nick Lunt on baritone sax, it all adds up to one helluva good feelgood sound. All top performing guys, combining together musically to bring you an unbeatable night of backbone-slidin' music that'll make you want to dance your little cotton socks off.
Keely Smith and Toni Prima ( wife and singing partner and daughter of the late great Louis Prima )
"You are the best band we have seen and heard in a long long time, Louis would have loved you"
Dave Gilmour ( Pink Floyd ) "This is a very good band with very good musicians" (Seeing the band at the Goodwood Revival Festival)
Mike Sanchez "What a great band you were cookin, and such Steaming guitar"
Ray Collins "A great band with a great horn section, let me know when you come to Germany again I want to be there"
Top Topham (Yardbirds) "You are a great rocking band, excellent.
Silda Jazz festival Norway "you were great and we want you back next year"
Ashwyn Smith (Review on Crawdaddy Blues Club gig)
OK I know I said there would be no Newsletter this week but I am just back from the UK and had to let you know what a great band you missed last
Thursday (20th) those of you who were not at the Club to see OO-BOP-SH'BAM.
They play more songs per hour than anyone.The guys played two stonking sets so full of energy and vibrance that I was exhausted just watching and listening I really had a ball and was so pleased to catch a really top class and tight
band. If you get a chance, go see OO-BOP-SH'BAM.
OO-BOP-SH'BAM might be a new name on the current scene, but are led by a couple of veteran jazz and r&b musicians of the British circuit, vocalist Jackson Sloan and drummer Alan Savage, both formerly of Rent Party fame, who were well respected on the scene in the early 1980's.
I realised that we have here some seriously good musicians who have studied the idiom and, seemingly effortlessly, can replicate - or even surpass - the original versions.Newcomer James Lunn plays fine boogie-based piano If they come your way, be sure to catch them and pick up a copy of this CD at the same time.
Tony Watson, Blues & Rhythm Magazine.
Guernsey Events Company It was just "The Best" having OO-BOP-SH'BAM as part of the 2009 Liberation Celebrations -both on the Thursday evening and on the Saturday afternoon, thank you for bringing such big smiles to so many peoples faces and for getting all of St James' up dancing on the Thursday, Managing Director Guernsey Events Company.
Guinness Jazz festival Barry's Bar "You were great the best band we have had here for over 5 years, we are definitely having you back next year."
Guiness Jazz Festival Committe "The name OO-BOP-SH'BAM is on everyones lips, we have had nothing but great reports about the band "
Ben Mouling of Radio Modern promotions Belgium " I have run 21 of these shows and this is the best band I have had by far, they are great, what a fantastic night we all had, I will bring them back very soon."
Bernd, Promoter of The Blue Shell Gig, Cologne Germany "You guys were great, fantastic, it was a brilliant night and you have made lots of friends and fans here, we will get you back very soon"
Derry Jazz Festival John manager of Quay West " You guys were fantastic, I want you back here again next year.
Manager of the Metro Bar, Derry" You guys are fantastic you don't just come and play music, you play with passion and energy, we have never had anything like you here before, Brilliant.
" Jumpin Jiving - Rockin Rollin - Boogie Brilliant - TIME OUT - LONDON
Hi Jackson & All the Band Just a thank you for a great evening we all had at Jiveport in Harwich on 15th December. From the moment the band struck up the first cord, the enthusiastic dancers were on their feet straight away. This carried on throughout the two sets that were played - excellent. The music ranged from Rock 'n Roll, Jump Jive, Boogie Woogie and a good selection of strollers - we received nothing but praise for the band and the dancers were well impressed with the versatility of the musicians The band played superbly and along with the great distinctive vocals from Jackson, this made a great performance and a night to be remembered. The atmosphere was great, everyone was in the party mood and the group complimented the evening. This is a band to look out for - Excellent, Excellent, Excellent!! Love Lee & Sean xx
Who would have thought that a British band could sound like this? Excellent stuff with the all-important vocals even better.
Good enough for Atlantic mid 50s in my opinion."
Paul Barrett, Top Rock and Roll Promoter.