- Gok Wan - what a DJ - what a party! Thank you!
- Thank you to Toni Braxton for fabulous performance for private party in Europe, stunning night
- Your favourite celebrity artist performs at your virtual event for guests around the world!
- Call Classique for Virtual Celebrity Artist performances for Dinners and Conferences
- We would love to help with Artist Virtual performances for Gala Dinners
- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- James Morrison superb for a private party, thank you.
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
A former market researcher, Carmarthen-born Rhod Gilbert began his comedy career in 2002, after taking a stand-up course.
That year he made the finals of the So You Think You're Funny? talent hunt at the Edinburgh Fringe, and in the next 12 months won the BBC New Comedy Award, the Paramount Gift Of The Gag competition and the Leicester Comedy Festival comedian of the year title. He was also a Chortle Award nominee for best new act, and runner-up n the Hackney Empire New Act Of The Year contest.
Review - Gilbert takes observational comedy to whole new levels. It's not just 'what's the deal with no-bio washing powder', but he obsesses and obsesses about the very idea, over-analysing it and becoming increasingly desperate for answers, and frustrated when they don't come.
The starting points are brilliantly accurate, but it's the maelstrom of angst he whips up around them that sweep you up, thanks to the powerful, passionate performance big enough to fill the larger venues Gilbert is increasingly playing.
Scarily intense, he's keen to reassure himself it's not just him who gets angry at such annoyances, pleading: 'You are on my side, aren't you?' as he sinks ever-deeper into the mire of fixation. It builds a bond that helps get over a couple of the more unlikely leaps into insanity.
He made his solo Edinburgh debut in 2005 with a show called 1984, describing the misery of growing up in the fictional Welsh town of Llanbobl, whihc was nominated for the Perrier best newcomer award. That year, he also won the Chortle award for best breakthrough act.
His 2008 Edinburgh show again caught the attention of judges and was nominated for the main if.comedy award. It lead to appearances on BBC One's Live at the Apollo stand-up showcase and the 80th Royal Variety Performance.
Gilbert has also appeared on Mock The Week, and he hosts a Saturday-morning show on BBC Radio Wales. In late 2008, he fronted a series of adverts to promote Welsh tourism.
Please note when booking a Comedian through Classique...
Audience: At least 90% of the audience to be seated
Stage: A raised area is required. The performance will not take place 'in the round'
Other: Please note Comedians only very rarely, if ever, perform at weddings (sorry), their main performances are TV, on tour and at corporate events after dinner.
Virtual: Some comedians are now able to offer either a live or pre-recorded set for clients.