- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu knocked it out of the park for recent Awards for 1000 guests, amazing!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen superb for Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Not only are the band excellent musicians, playing West African acoustic instruments, and wear stunningly colourful West African dress but they also can provide a 'drumming workshop' where mini drums/bongos are passed around to guests at the beginning of the event and everyone is 'taught' the rhythm! Fantastic fun for any event!
The band was formed by Malo Sonko who moved to London from Senegal around 5 years ago. Community spirit in Senegal is still very strong and this is transposed to the group where everybody is very supportive of each other. They feel that this way people do not feel loneliness that can be experienced in modern Western societies.
The best example is the significant role played by music and dance in the Senegalese society where everybody is welcome, not only to listen but also join the party. Sabari's reflection of Senegalese values suits perfectly the sharing mood of the moment. Give, receive, share...with music and dance as the main catalyst!
Sabari never plays better than when the audience responds to their rhythms. As soon as they start their first song, the audience are up and dancing and already cheering for more. Their lead drummer, Malo Sonko, is a griot* of the Mandinka culture and the group performs traditional songs, rhythms and dances, which he has been playing since he was a child growing up in Senegal.
* A griot is a West African performer who perpetuates the oral traditions of a family, village, or leader by singing histories and tales. Griots typically perform alone, accompanying themselves on a stringed instrument, and are considered by many musicologists a critical African root of the solo acoustic blues that developed among African American communities during the early 20th century.