- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Boney M, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Mo Jamil & Tinchy Stryder wowed corporate party in London!
- Randy Crawford was exquisite for private wedding in Austria, thank you
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Richard & Adam, Diversity, Odyssey, Five, S Club & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Kool & The Gang from the US - a few European dates left - Spring 2018!
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Diva Explosion / Old Skool Tour - 90s Hands in the Air Anthems! Call Classique for info
- May the Force be with You!! Have a Star Wars Themed Party with Darth Vader & friends!
The Creole Serenaders
Enquire for Pricing
The Creole Serenaders has been established as a four to six piece New Orleans Revival band, over a number of years.
The present line up have played regularly together for the last fifteen years, and have acquired a reputation for playing good, authentic New Orleans jazz. This is ideal dance music, suitable for more modern jump jive, etc, or older styles such as quick step, waltz and foxtrot. As with all our bands, there is great adaptability within the band to suit your occasion, from quiet background music to eat by, to a stomping, swinging evening's entertainment. The band is acoustic, so can be sited in different places during an evening.
A quartet version of this band is available for all occasions, as is a New Orleans style Marching Brass Band, suitable for carnivals and street parades, demonstrations, funeral processions, etc. This takes the form of two trombones, clarinet, sax, brass bass, snare drum, bass drum and two trumpets.
The band is led by Ken Pye, whose rhythmic Kid Thomas trumpet style is well regarded by New Orleans enthusiasts. Ken has played with all the "greats" over the years, and has recorded with Bill Bissonette, amongst others. He regularly visits Denmark, where he guests at festivals with top Danish New Orleans bands.
Stan Stephens, on trombone, provides the perfect foil to Ken's trumpet playing, with his mixture of sweet, dulcet melodies, where the influence of Louis Nelson can be clearly seen, and his more aggressive manner, more in the Robinson mode. Stan has played the New Orleans jazz scene for many years, and is a highly regarded trombonist.
On clarinet and saxophone is Phil Wall. He has played in many bands over the last forty years, starting off with Ken Pye in Birmingham in the early 1960's.
The rhythm section comprises Paul Spedding on drums, a Sammy Penn enthusiast, Tony Sharp features on bass, also in great demand, and recently on tour with Milton Batiste, and Rachel Hayward playing a forceful Marrero style of banjo.
This line up provides a truly great New Orleans Revival sound, and the band is one of the most authentic and highly acclaimed to come out of Britain.
The Creole Serenaders have just released their third CD, "I'll See you in my Dreams", which has sold widely in Europe and in the UK.
This band is an excellent "live" band, generating great drive and enthusiasm at all performances.