- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu knocked it out of the park for recent Awards for 1000 guests, amazing!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen superb for Awards Event, thank you
The Great British Barbershop Boys
Enquire for Pricing
The Great British Barbershop Boys released their debut album Christmas Time for Arista Records on 6 December 2010. A collection of classic Christmas songs rearranged to perfectly suit the unique and memorable barbershop sound, the album rediscovers the distinctive sound of barbershop quartets, recognised as the earliest form of boy band.
These four guys from the north of England were spotted when they represented the UK at the International Barbershop Convention in Philadelphia after being named British Quartet champions in 2008.
Barbershop Quartetting, quite possibly the earliest form of boy band music, is making a come back, and four young men who go by the name The Great British Barbershop Boys are leading the way.
Alan Hughes (tenor), Zac Booles (lead), Joe Knight (baritone) and Duncan Blackeby (bass) were originally members of the National Barbershop Youth Chorus but they decided to branch out and sing a few numbers as a quartet. Within nine months of the quartet forming, the boys were made British Quartet champions, and by October 2008 they also added the inaugural British Collegiate Quartet title to their ever-growing list of accomplishments.
The group's enthusiasm, singing and high quality performances have seen the Quartet appear live on BBC1 Television, Christmas fundraisers for the Roald Dahl Foundation and for the Salvation Army at the Royal Albert Hall. However; their biggest performing accomplishment yet was performing live on a Sunday Night at the London Palladium.
About The Boys
Alan Hughes - Tenor
He has sung barbershop for over a decade, and currently sings with BABS (British Association Of Barbershop Singers) 2009 Gold Medal Chorus, the Cottontown Chorus from Bolton. When not singing, Alan works as a Teacher.
Zac Booles - Lead
Zac is the assistant director of the National Barbershop Youth Chorus. He is an upcoming arranger and coach with skills much sought-after in British barbershop. When not singing, Zac works for a local signwriters producing graphics for a variety of haulage firms.
Joe Knight - Baritone
Joe has been singing barbershop seemingly since birth, having come from a barbershop family - both his parents have won quartet gold medals, and his wife, Emma, sings tenor with the incredibly successful Lace City Singers Chorus from Nottingham. Joe has also recently taken on the role of Chorus Director for the Nottingham-based Major Oak Chorus, and works in the Police Force.
Duncan Blackeby - Bass
Duncan has been singing with Spirit of Harmony, BABS 2010 Bronze Medal Chorus for several years now, and is an integral part of their continuing success. Duncan currently works in Resource and Capability for a large insurance company. Being a bass, he is also the only singer in the quartet able to grow a beard... Apparently.