- DON'T MISS THE MUSIC & LAUGHTER!! WE CAN HELP!
- Thank you to Toni Braxton for fabulous performance for private party in Europe, stunning night
- Don't miss out on amazing music and laughter - we can help with celebrity performances for virtual events :D
- Your favourite celebrity artist performs at your virtual event for guests around the world!
- Call Classique for Virtual Celebrity Artist performances for Dinners and Conferences
- We would love to help with Artist Virtual performances for Gala Dinners
- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- James Morrison superb for a private party, thank you.
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Tony Blackburn celebrates 45 years in broadcasting!
July 25th 2009 marked Tony's 45th year in broadcasting. He started out on Radio Caroline back in 1964 before moving on to Radio One and many others during his long and successful career.
Congratulations Tony. Here's to the next 45!
Born in Guildford, Surrey in 1943, Tony was educated at Millfield Public School in Somerset, and Bournemouth College.
The son of a doctor in Lilliput near Poole, Dorset, he made his first public appearance with the Ian Ralfini Dance Orchestra at the Bournemouth Pavilion while at College, and later appeared with various bands in hotels.
Having finished his education, Tony read in the music press that disc jockeys were wanted by a pirate radio station.
He applied, got the job, and made his first radio appearance on 28th July 1964 on Radio Caroline South.
In 1966, he joined Radio London and introduced the first ever soul programme in the UK.
His soul programme and consequent weekly club nights called 'Soul Nights' became so popular it eventually took over Capitals 'Best Disco In Town Nights'.
6000 people were regularly turning up including Stevie Wonder on one occasion who wanted to thank Tony for introducing the UK to soul music. It could be said that Tony commercialised soul music and in the process reinvented Radio London.
Tony joined the BBC Light Programme in August 1967 and made his first broadcast on the "Midday Spin" programme.
When BBC Radio One commenced broadcasting on 30th September 1967, Tony presented the daily "Breakfast Show", and was the first disc jockey on the new network.
He hosted the "Breakfast Show" until 1974 when he took over the morning show for several years, followed by Junior Choice. He remained with Radio One until 1984.
Tony then spent some time at BBC Radio London, before leaving to join Capital Radio on 2nd July 1988 to launch their new Capital Gold station where he presented his soul shows until December 2002.
Today, Tony presents the breakfast show for The Classic Gold Network, which transmits across 18 stations as well as presenting his soul show on BBC London on Monday evenings and Saturday afternoons.
Tony is a legend of the airwaves and has become a household name through his DJ-ing, TV Shows, and he inspired the cult of the radio DJ. His passion for Soul music has been the main underlying factor in most of his shows.
From the days spent with his assistant 'Dave Pearce', now mostly heard on Radio 1, when they used to go to New York together to bring back the latest music to him having the first legal soul show in the UK, which also introduced the raunchy phone call slot.
Tony has thirty-six awards including, in 1989, the "Gold Award for Outstanding Contribution to Radio". He was also awarded the "Best Breakfast Show" (Contemporary Music) by Sony Radio Awards in 1993 and "The Radio Academy Music and Media Award" for outstanding contribution to Music and Radio in 1997.
Tony also co-presents ITV's prime-time show, Animals Do the Funniest Things, which attracted over 7 million viewers on its last showing. Tony has made numerous other television appearances over the years, including the hosting of his own show "Time For Blackburn" in 1969.
King of the Jungle
He is well remembered for compering BBC's world famous "Top Of The Pops" from the late 1960's to throughout the 1970's.
He continues to make regular guest appearances on a wide range of television shows. Tony's television appearance in 'I'm a Celebrity ... Get me Out of Here!' in 2002 was a huge success - he was crowned King of the Jungle.
Tony is still a big attraction on the DJ circuit, having toured many of the Rank Clubs around England in '99, challenging local radio DJs and Kiss 100's Bam Bam in a battle of the DJs.
Tony continues to make many personal appearances with his trademark 70s and 80s show, including his annual trek to one of Ibiza's top clubs - proving that he's the original.