- Gok Wan - what a DJ - what a party! Thank you!
- Thank you to Toni Braxton for fabulous performance for private party in Europe, stunning night
- Your favourite celebrity artist performs at your virtual event for guests around the world!
- Call Classique for Virtual Celebrity Artist performances for Dinners and Conferences
- We would love to help with Artist Virtual performances for Gala Dinners
- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- James Morrison superb for a private party, thank you.
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Rainer Hersch is a musician and comedian who performs on every major comedy stage in Britain and abroad... He has appeared eight times at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival; toured Canada five times; performed in comedy clubs all across Europe and in TV shows around the world.
Translating Opera (1)
A trained classical pianist, Rainer began life as an agent to some of the world's great orchestras - his last official job title was Touring Manager of the London Festival Orchestra. However, unknown to his employers, he had also started appearing as a stand-up comedian on the London comedy circuit. He eventually devoted himself full-time to comedy in 1992.
Rainer Hersch is an ideal entertainer for corporate dinners, awards ceremonies and conferences. His act is sophisticated, novel, appeals across nationalities, clean, funny and can be tailored to match your brief. At corporate events he performs either:
- On his own as a stand-up comedian.
- With his comedy orchestra, which can range from 8 musicians to a full symphony orchestra.
Rainer is a highly successful stand-up comedian who has often closed the show at the famous Comedy Store in London. He applies all this experience and material to full effect for your event. On stage he uses a keyboard, microphone and, if available, PowerPoint facilities to produce a set which is both funny and clever. The music he plays is immediately recognizable. Highlights include when Rainer illustrates how classical composers stole their best ideas from adverts on the television and shows the audience what they are really singing in opera. A typical set is 15 - 30 minutes.
Rainer with Orchestra (up to 90 mins)
This act is unique in corporate entertainment. Rainer Hersch appears on stage with an classical orchestra (minimum 8) corrupting the great works of classical music with hilarious results.
The pieces they play are recognised by everyone, whether or not they know anything about music, from The William Tell Overture to Land of Hope and Glory. A popular highlight is when Rainer uses members of the audience to participate in a conducting competition. Rainer can either work with his own musicians or rehearse and perform with local professionals. A typical set is 30-45 minutes.
Opera Translated (2)!
For an additional fee, the orchestra can play light dinner music before or after the comedy performance.
Being Victor Borge
In "Being Victor Borge", acclaimed British comedian Rainer Hersch, anointed in countless reviews as Borge's comic heir, ruminates hilariously, and lovingly, on Borge's extraordinary life and talent, and the influence that Borge has had on his own comic career. In so doing he recreates many of Borge's most famous routines, including such unforgettable favourites as Phonetic Punctation, Inflationary Language and some of the Great Dane's best-loved piano shtick.
As a straight stand-up, Rainer Hersch's innovative style crosses between verbal and hilarious visual comedy
His many clients have included:
- Auto Express
- British Council of Shopping Centres
- Canon Europe
- Emap Automotive
- Haymarket Publishing
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- SJ Berwin
Please note when booking a Comedian through Classique...
Audience: At least 90% of the audience to be seated
Stage: A raised area is required. The performance will not take place 'in the round'
Other: Please note Comedians only very rarely, if ever, perform at weddings (sorry), their main performances are TV, on tour and at corporate events after dinner.
Virtual: Some comedians are now able to offer either a live or pre-recorded set for clients.
Rainer has performed at awards ceremonies, dinners, receptions in locations ranging from the Tower of London to the Villa Rothschild, Monte Carlo. These are some of the comments he has received:
"Rainer, thank you so, so much for last night. You and the team went down an absolute storm. You have been the talk of the town today".
Sarah Brooker, Event Manager, Incisive Media PLC. (Monte Carlo)
"Your performance with orchestra was the highlight of the evening".
Marcia E Griffiths, Events Executive, AXA (London January)
"Congratulations on a truly excellent contribution to the conference which fitted our Russian/German theme perfectly".
Charlotte Kirk, Unilever (Leeds)
"Thank you, Rainer, we all really enjoyed the show at the Hilton Hotel"
Bryony Stentiford, Event and Incentive Coordinator, Canon Business Solutions (Brussels)
Not since Victor Borge has a musician- comic raised the roof with such continuous laughter" South Africa.
"A guaranteed laugh every four bars" The Scotsman
"Rainer Hersch is possibly the best compère I have ever seen": TNT
"Most of what Rainer Hersch does doesn't bear explaining. But it will make you laugh" Orlando Sentinel
"Rainer Hersch is a rarity amongst musical comedians - he is funny" The London Daily Telegraph
"A stroke of comic genius" Canada