- Odyssey, Whigfield and the fabulous Rozalla - what a night!
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- Thank you to the amazing Rak-Su for recent private performances for Classique - stunning!
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu knocked it out of the park for recent Awards for 1000 guests, amazing!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Fab party band e2 wowed at World Gymnastics - amazing performances from everyone on the night!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen superb for Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
The group that brought you top ten UK hits Native New Yorker, Looking For A Way Out, Going Back To My Roots, Use It Up and Wear It Out, Inside Out, and the rare groove classic Don't Tell Me Tell Her.
Steven Collazo carries on with the Odyssey legacy of his mentor, best friend and mother Lillian Lopez, founder and first lead vocalist of the group.
THE GLORY DAYS of top vocal group Odyssey, one of the most successful soul/disco acts of their era, culminated in the early 1980’s when they topped the charts with “Use It Up And Wear It Out”, scoring several other Top Ten hits in Britain and throughout the world.
The group actually started out being billed as “The Lopez Sisters” when there were three of them – Lillian, Louise, and Carmen. An agent spotted them at a concert and booked them for a five month European tour. When they returned to the States, Carmen left the trio to marry, but Lillian and Louise resolved to continue and so recruited Tony Reynolds as a replacement.
From their debut album emerged their first smash single - “Native New Yorker”, an international hit late in 1977. Additionally, Lillian’s eldest son, Steven Collazo had become part of Odyssey behind the scenes, recording as a background vocalist, journeyman session musician and musical director for the their live performances and tours. A couple of years later, the group cut their “Hang Together” album. It contained “Use It Up And Wear It Out”, while the flipside, “Don’t Tell Me, Tell Her” received major airplay on US Black Radio. In the UK, “Use It Up” shot to the top ten, followed by “If You’re Looking For A Way Out”, “Inside Out” and the Lamont Dozier classic “Going Back To My Roots”.
Performing around the UK, Europe and The Middle East through the 80’s and into the 90’s, the journey continued, and in 1994, Steven moved up to co-front the group and produce new versions of the Odyssey classics while appearing with Lillian on television and touring the arenas, top hotels, clubs, major holiday resorts and festivals throughout the UK and Europe.
The founder and first voice of Odyssey, Lillian Lopez-Collazo Jackson, died of cancer on September 4th, 2013. Louise Lopez, as well as other former members Billy McEachern, Al Jackson, Anne and Annis Peters, have either retired or acquired new interests and directions. Tony Reynolds died February 2nd, 2010.
Steven Collazo continues his mother's legacy, taking the “odyssey” forward and further with an array of talented singers, musicians, DJs and producers. Sharing the stage with Steven are: Romina Johnson, who's known her own success with producer Artful Dodger on the hit single "Movin Too Fast" and Jerdene Wilson, international entertainer and song stylist, with occasional contributions from soulstress Tracy "Tee-Ray" Roma.
It's said that "old school" is today's "new school" and Steve's been working to combine the best of both worlds into today's Odyssey. Currently, Mr Collazo has teamed up with co-producer Andy Williams of YamWho? and ISM records. YamWho's? impressively extensive track record of re-mixes and old school live recording with modern treatment have introduced Odyssey to a whole new generation of enthusiasts who grew up with their music... Yet the group remains faithful to its' more mature, core audience. New releases are in progress.
Odyssey Sample Playlist
- Native New Yorker
- Sooner Or Later
- Use It Up Wear It Out
- Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Inside Out
- Ain’t No Stoppin’ Us Now
- Looking For A Way Out
- Don’t Tell Me Tell Her
- Thinking Of You
- He’s Coming Back
- Going Back To My Roots