- DON'T MISS THE MUSIC & LAUGHTER!! WE CAN HELP!
- Thank you to Toni Braxton for fabulous performance for private party in Europe, stunning night
- Don't miss out on amazing music and laughter - we can help with celebrity performances for virtual events :D
- Your favourite celebrity artist performs at your virtual event for guests around the world!
- Call Classique for Virtual Celebrity Artist performances for Dinners and Conferences
- We would love to help with Artist Virtual performances for Gala Dinners
- Stunning Nile Rodgers & Chic for amazing private party in Europe, thank you!!
- Melanie C (Spice Girl!) amazing DJ performance in Tenerife, thank you
- The amazing Kenny Thomas performed for private wedding in Santorini, stunning as always!
- Melanie Blatt DJ set for private birthday, awesome performance, thank you :)
- Mini Glastonbury birthday with Tony Hadley, Chvrches, Bjorn Again and Craig David TS5 - What a party!
- World renowned Gipsy Kings in Istanbul for private 50th party! Fantastic performance and lovely guys!
- The fabulous Sister Sledge wowed at birthday party in Lebanon! Thank you ladies
- Artful Dodger, Five & Tinchy Stryder - fantastic performances, thank you!
- James Morrison superb for a private party, thank you.
- Ché Chesterman had an amazing performance for a wedding in Santorini, Greece :)
- Lemar wowed at fabulous wedding in Marbella, Spain!
- Lulu - incredible performance along with the Bootleg Beatles for corporate, fantastic night!
- Katie Melua - the voice of an angel - wowed guests at private party, thank you so much
- S Club Party, Five, Big Brovaz, Booty Luv - client blown away - thank you!
- Marti Pellow & Band - incredible performance for private birthday party - thank you!
- Great fun nights with many events recently with Stavros Flatley, Signature & Faces of Disco :)
- International guests were wowed with Sophie Ellis Bextor & Boney M on boat in London!
- Billy Ocean & band were amazing for a private party in Monaco - absolute legend!
- Amazing recent events with Jamie Cullum, Nick Grimshaw, Jimmy Carr, Sally Phillips.. Thank you so much
- Boogie Storm had a stunning performance for private party in San Francisco!
- Jools Holland & his Rhythm & Blues Orchestra - fantastic at private party, thank you!
- Thank you to Vernon Kay, Toby Anstis, Richard & Adam, Joe McElderry, Diversity, Odyssey & more for recent fabulous events for Classique
- Thank you to the wonderful Katherine Jenkins for superb performance at private party in Vienna, amazing!
- Denise Van Outen & Julia Bradbury both superb at Awards Event, thank you
Enquire for Pricing
Grandmaster Flash is the Grammy nominated, award winning, Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame inductee who took the hip-hop world by storm and made it into the genre it is today.
As the inventor of tuntablism, Grandmaster Flash is a hugely in demand DJ around the world, and is credited for two of the most influential songs of all time, ‘The Message’ and ‘The Adventures on the Wheels of Steel’.
In addition to a Grammy Award and induction into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame, Flash was chosen by Baz Luhrmann to be Associate Producer on the forthcoming Netflix series, ‘The Get Down’, set in 1970’s New York, when the innovations of Grandmaster Flash gave birth to Hip Hop culture.
During hip-hop's nearly 30-year history, few names have become as well known to music lovers across the globe as that of Grandmaster Flash. Not only is he responsible for inventing the musical genre called Hip Hop and a worldwide musical culture but his pioneering use of the turntables make him The First DJ to play the Turntables as a Musical Instrument thus helping to elevate the status of the DJ to a masterful, artistic position. He is universally recognized as a visionary artist. He is also responsible for assembling one of the earliest and greatest rap groups of all time Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five" - these are some of the hallmarks of a career which has extended from the Bronx in the early 1970s to all corners of the globe into the 21st century.
Joseph Saddler, professionally known as "Flash" was born and raised in the Boogie down Bronx, and it was the area's streets and nightlife that provided his inspirations. He developed his first crush on vinyl when he was just a boy playing with his fathers records. By the time he was a teenager, studying electronics and engineering in school by day, he was already spinning records at block parties and in public parks.
Studying one particular DJ, known as Kool Herc, one of his greatest influences apart from his very own father, and monitoring the crowd's responses, led him to create and elevate this turntable art form as he developed such innovative turntable techniques as rearranging the arrangement of recorded songs and by extending the break in those recorded songs. He did this by using duplicate copies of a vinyl record and by manipulating his wrist and elbow moving it back and forth..
He was scientifically inventing and demonstrating such methods and concepts he collectively called "The Quick Mix Theory " which encompassed the innovative technique of "Cutting" which laid the foundations for what became known as "Scratching" ( along with its many off shoots; "crab scratching", "transforming"; and "flaring" ) as well as the "Doubleback/Back Door", "Phasing" and "Backspinning". Then came the "Clock Theory" which allowed Flash to find the break of a recorded song quickly by eye, by marking the vinyl with tape or a crayon. .. This manual display of taking a song apart and rearranging its structure live on stage contributed to the early development and rise of the DJ as a Remixer, Artist, and Producer. These innovations quickly became recognized worldwide, and put both Flash and the Bronx on the worldwide musical map. Bill Gates, founder and chairman of Microsoft Corporation, recently honored Flash with the DJ Vanguard Award for being the First to utilize the turntables as a musical instrument.
Hip-Hop Culture was created in 1971 by three DJs , Flash being one of them, and then, contrary to popular belief, came the graffitti writers and the breakdancers, and the MCs followed much later. Flash recorded the unique sounds he created, and in 1977 began experimenting and collaborating with local MC's and put together his own group who became known as Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Their reputation grew around Flash's unrivaled DJ skills and the group's blending and trading of lyrics. Flash also gained notice for the visually dynamic and acrobatic way he could spin and scratch records using his feet, toes and elbows.
1981â²s "The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash on the Wheels of Steel" was the first record to feature complex cuts and scratches, and introduced the name Grandmaster Flash as their originator. Following the group's demise, Flash continued to make his mark by releasing solo albums, and was immortalized in Blondie's hit song of 1980, "Rapture": "Flash is fast, Flash is cool!"In this era Grandmaster Flash & Furious Five have released multi-million selling and ground breaking songs such as The Message and White Lines amongst others.
Grandmaster Flash has remained one of the world's most-respected musical innovators by never stopping his touring and performing schedule at the leading music festivals and events around the world. He played the 1998 Super Bowl, and was invited by comedian Chris Rock to be the musical director for Rock's groundbreaking HBO-TV series, where Flash could be seen onscreen spinning during the show's four-year run.
He performed for the closing of the Commonwealth Games in Manchester, England in 2002 for more than 40,000 in attendance, which included Prime Minister Tony Blair and Queen Elizabeth, and hundreds of millions of television viewers around the world.
He is regularly headlining musical festivals and events with artists such as N*E*R*D, Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim, The Prodigy, Missy Elliott and many more...
In 2002, Flash designed, launched and created the Grandmaster Flash Signature Empath mixer for Rane Corporation, adding to previous endorsements by Louis Vuitton and Helmut Lang ,Native Instruments, Gemini Sound and Kangol caps.
In recognition of his role in music history, Flash has been invited to contribute artifacts to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio and the Experience Music Project in Seattle, WA. Among his many awards are the Pioneer Award from Source Magazine, the New Music Seminar Hall of Fame Award, the DMC Hall of Fame Award and B.E.T.'s Diamond Award, Billboard Award. In June 2004, he was inducted into the Bronx Walk of Fame with a plaque dedicated at 161st St. and the Grand Concourse, and a street named after him in New York City!.
2005 was a very busy year with... Converse debuted its brand new television commercial during the NBA Playoffs featuring Grandmaster Flash and Miami Heat basketball player Dwayne Wade. Music for the spot was created and produced by Flash. Rock n Roll Hall of Fame hosted Flash at the Museum in Cleveland where he was presented with an honorary Gold Record and Life Time Acheivement Award in recognition of his contributions to music courtesy of the RIAA. P Diddy invited Flash to be the DJ host for the MTV Video Music Awards in Miami. The event was broadcasted live worldwide. VH1 honored Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five for their contributions of adding social consciousness to Hip Hop and Flash was also honored for his contribution to DJ culture in Hip Hop at their annual Hip Hop Honors Awards Show which was televised live around the world.
In 2008 Flash has released his much anticipated memoirs in a book - penned by famed author David Ritz who wrote Marvin Gayes and Ray Charles' autobiography, titled "The Adventures of Grandmaster Flash - My Life, My Beats!2009 Activion released one of the most successful computer games ever, where Grandmaster Flash is taking a key role in the game beside Eminem & Jay Z _ DJ HERO! And to top it all : Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five have been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in New York - as the First Hip Hop artists ever !
With 30 Awards under his belt, honoring Flash for being the First DJ to make the Turntables a Musical Instrument and inventing Hip Hop its easy to see why this man is such an icon and great inspiration to many around the globe.